Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm Still Here!!

Well, now that school is back in full swing my calendar has been full as a tick! I have been blessed with so many projects all at once. That is usually how it works, either feast or famine!

Last Thursday, I went with two of my friends to Atlanta to shop for fabric for their homes. Of course, we went to Forsyth and found more than we could fit in the car! I'll post some of the fabrics we picked for their homes in the next day or two, Yum-Yum!
Today, I went to check out a church in the Birmingham area that is adding an unbelievable youth room. They need "theatre-like" drapery panels for the stage area to hide electrical boxes, doorways, etc. I was a little nervous when I first walked in the room-the walls measure 24feet from ceiling to floor! I do believe these will be the longest panels I have or will ever make! Nothing fancy, just black panels with large grommets that can slide along steel rods.

I also met a very sweet lady that was referred to me by my pastor's mom. I will be making a bed skirt for a very high king size bed. She purchased a bed in a bag set and as we all know, the bed skirts are never long enough. I enjoyed getting to know her.

While you wait on pictures of my newest projects, enjoy some from the past!

2 comments:

Connie said...

absolutely Terrific! See I told you that your window treatments were the best out here in blogger world.

There's no talent compared to yours! Yesterday...well, you know I needed that and I sent a million thank you's to you. Can't wait to see you again. You designing diva window treatment girly you!
Love Ya,
Connie

Shannon Johnson said...

Tonya, you are amazingly talented! So glad to see you are still there!! I look for updates periodically and I had not seen one in a while! But now I see why! You are busy. Wow! Can't wait to see another project. The fabric in the post above this one looks so FABULOUS!!! Post some pics of your house!! I want to see what your home looks like with all your talent. :)