Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweet Clients

I love meeting new clients! I am amazed when I try and trace the connections from client to client. Most of my clients are friends of a friend and so on. One day I am going to sit down and figure out all of the connections that exist between all of my clients. Pretty cool. I am blessed to have met so many people through the 10 plus years I have been sewing and consider many of my clients "friends" now. There are many clients that were some of my "first" that continue to call me as they have more "projects" for me. I enjoy catching up with them and seeing how their lives have changed, how their kids have grown, and of course, helping them make their homes even more beautiful. I LOVE MY JOB!

I have posted some of my most recent projects below. The first set of pictures is of a clients family room and her preteen daughters bedroom. She was a joy to work with and everything turned out like she expected. She used a beautiful rich brown brocade style fabric with a multicolored tassel fringe. On the window, I did a double width panel mounted on a short rod. We did this to create the illusion that the window was wider. I simply mounted the rod so that it appeared the the window continued to the right. This also helped to fill that corner of the room. She has large leather/wood furniture in the room, so the panel helped to balance it out. I used Allen Roth window hardware that you can find at Lowes-very reasonable but yet substantial for this type of installation. For the french door, we chose the Dana valance from http://www.patemeadows.com/ . We used the same fabric but pulled a deep cranberry silk in for the sash. This is a great window treatment for a variety of windows. In her daughters bedroom, we chose the Brenthaven pattern from the southern living patterns on the same website. We also added two Euro Shams for the bed to pull the fabrics together.

The next pictures are from a client's master bathroom. They totally remodeled the bathroom and it looks so great. The tile work is just beautiful as well as the faux finish. She picked a floral fabric with a black background and a small animal print to compliment. She chose the Pull Up valance from pate meadows. I mounted the valance on finials that I purchased from Hobby Lobby in a black iron finish. In the wetroom, I made a functioning Roman Shade with a Point Valance. As I have said before, Roman Shades are a great choice for privacy. They are classic!



The third set of pictures are from a returning client! I have done her kitchen and now her dining room. I enjoy working with her so much. She picked a fabric that came to life once the panels were put together. She wanted to do the style I have in my own dining room. It reminds me of a beautiful ball gown adorned with a beautiful tassel fringe!


It was truly my pleasure working with all of these clients! I look forward to working with them again in the future!

No comments: