Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blessing Others

Most of you know that I work side by side on many projects with a precious friend who is a fantastic Designer, Connie Sandlin ( www .laughterbylakeside.blogspot.com). Our most recent project was like none other that we had done together. She was asked by one of her very dear friend's husband to re-do his Master Bedroom as a surprise for his much deserving wife. He had a budget and told Connie to work her magic.....and that she did! She pulled fabric swatches, paint chips, shopped for decorative items and put her creativity to action! She had a blank slate to work with. She is truly one of the most talented people I know. Once fabric was picked out.....remember, her friend had no idea so Connie had to pick what she thought her friend would like, I began the sewing process. We had a short time to get everything completed and ready for installation during Spring Break. Did I mention that I had a complete hysterectomy during this project???? Even with that obstacle, we managed to finish everything just in time. Connie spent 3 days straight painting, decorating and installing window treatments....I could only help with the "small" stuff since I was only a week out from surgery! Her friend came home to a beautiful master bedroom that she can "retreat" to with her sweet husband. I was truly blessed by being a part of this "surprise" project. Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

lora and stephen said...

Tonya - Thank you so much for all of your hard work on my beautiful new room! I am enjoying it so much. You are so talented and I absolutely love everything that you did. I can't believe you continued to work while preparing for major surgery! You and Connie make such a wonderful pair. I hope that you are doing well. Thanks again! Lora