Friday, June 5, 2009

Bedroom Re-Do's


Two of my recent jobs have been master bedroom projects. I have always said if you could choose one room to decorate, it should be the master bedroom. The bedroom is a place you should be able to feel as if you were relaxing in a luxury hotel. Nice linens, beautiful draperies, big fluffy pillows, low lighting.....a place to get away from the stresses of life. I wish I had taken before and after pictures so that you could get the full impact of the makeover...but, I forgot! : (
Project #1
The duvet and shams were purchased "ready made" by my client. We added custom Euro shams, throw pillows, bed skirt and window treatments to complete the look. She chose a palette of browns and blue for her bedroom and bath.

The wall of windows was accented with four panels of blue silk and taupe chenille accented with a beautiful tassel trim. The panels were mounted on one continuous rod across the width of the wall.

We used a rich iridescent blue silk for the gathered bed skirt.

We chose the "Marley" valance by Pate Meadows in the taupe chenille trimmed in the same tassel trim we used on the panels in the bedroom for the Master Bath.
Project#2 (Sweet Surprise)

This makeover was a total surprise given by my neighbor to his wife for her birthday/anniversary. He picked the main fabric from a pile of swatches and I went from there to complete the look.

The beautiful damask fabric was accented by a striped fabric and a chocolate brown silk.


The Euro shams were trimmed in a small rope cording the king shams were accented with a thick multi-color brush fringe.


Long panels of the striped fabric were hung under the crown moulding to give the room a larger appearance. The hardware was purchased from Lowe's Home Improvement.

The Master Bath Window was dressed in a simple valance with a tassel trim accent.

The Claudine valance in the same client's kitchen. I used finials purchased from "At Home" in Homewood instead of a rod to mount the valance on.


The chairs were covered in a coordinating stripe.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So, so beautiful, as always! I always look forward to seeing what you've been up to, stitching away listening to Pandora radio!