Monday, July 27, 2009

I Have Been Working.....PROMISE!



It may look like I haven't been working much this summer but I truly have! I have several jobs that I have not taken pictures of, so I'll be sure to add those later. Today was a first! I delivered my first curtains to a Law Office in downtown Birmingham. (Thanks to a sweet client who works at the Law Firm...I appreciate it Beckey!) As you can see in the pictures, the office was beautiful to begin with. His taste in furniture is exceptional! He wanted to add a little color to the neutral toned room. I brought him many samples ranging from solid, stripes, chenilles, silks, etc.. He chose this beautiful stripe in chocolate brown, camel, and terracota. I made simple pleated panels that were mounted on existing traverse hardware. He gets plenty of sunshine in the morning through the windows, so I lined the panels with blackout lining as well as a combo innerlining. By doing this, the faux silk drapes have nice body to them. I made a bolster pillow trimmed in a coordinating tassel trim for one of the chairs as well as a square pillow, finished off with a brush trim, for the neutral sofa. The only challenge to this particular job was getting my "Little Giant Ladder" from the parking deck to his office! Nothing like a good workout! On to my next project......

No comments: