Hi blog friends. It has been way too long since I have updated my blog. Life, as you know, can be crazy busy. Here's a brief update on what has been going on since my last entry....Charlie started another new job. He is now at Trussville Mazda and REALLY loves it. Maggie is wrapping up her 8th grade year. I can't believe she will be a Freshman in the fall. She was crowned the 36th Queen of Hearts at Springville in February! I was so glad that the judges saw the beautiful girl she is, inside and out. She amazes me on a daily basis. She tried out for JV cheerleader last weekend and made it! Woohoo! More bleacher time for me! LOL! Cheer leading brings back fun memories for me and I know she will remember these days for the rest of her life. I am thankful for the friendships I made all those years ago through cheer leading. She has continued to be a great student this year and has managed to stay in the top of her class. That makes me happy and hopeful for scholarship money. :) She will take the ACT in April. Maggie and I will be going to New York in May with the school! Oh boy, I just can't wait to ride a bus to New York. Ha ha! New York will never be the same. Her sweet Grammy is taking her to Disney World for her 8th Grade Graduation gift. Lucky, lucky girl. I am very jealous and will be very lonely that week. The summer will start off with cheer leading camp in Panama City. I just hate that I have to go and sit on the beach, soaking up the sun while she is slaving away at camp. Like I have said before, I am cherishing this time I have with her, every single minute. As for me, work has been a little slower but steady. I am working on a few projects now and getting ready to start more. I still feel very blessed to have the gift of sewing. I am finishing out my last year as Treasurer on the PTO board at the school. :) :) :) I'm a little excited about that. I have loved every minute of serving on the board. I am thankful for the friendships with the other volunteers, teachers, principals, bank tellers, and parents. I have great memories of my Mom and many of my friend's moms volunteering at my school when I was a student. So I guess I just knew that I would be "one of those moms". All the countless hours of work, meetings, and serving have been wonderful and I know I will miss it. My main reason for "retiring" is so that I can spend more time focusing on the last 4 years I have with Maggie at home. So to all my precious PTO family....I will miss serving with you next school year. Keep up the great work!!! I am looking forward to summer because with summer, comes beach trips!!!! I WILL live there one day, I promise!
1 comment:
I hope you will live down here on day too!!
Post a Comment