A few weeks ago, Charlie told me to clear my calendar for May 1st and 2ND and to not ask any questions. So, I checked my calendar and looked forward to whatever was in store. I knew Maggie would be staying with Nanny and Poppa but that was it. I did, however, figure out we were going to Atlanta, due to the short duration of the trip. Then, I had a request to visit my favorite fabric store at some point during the trip! Surprise, Surprise!!!! He said he could work that in, no problem! We arrived in Atlanta and checked in to the
Hampton Inn and Suites and I was instructed to get ready to go to dinner. We went to a wonderful restaurant call
Buckhead Diner. Charlie's friend, John Smith, made the recommendation-Thanks John! Charlie had the Surf and Turf while I had Parmesan Crusted Sea Bass served on a bed of spinach! Yum, Yum! We finished off the meal by sharing a piece of Fresh Raspberry Cheesecake. Everything was wonderful. I was told that we had a few minutes to run back to the hotel before our next stop and that we would be walking to our destination. As we were walking down the streets of Atlanta, I noticed there were many people walking with us in the same direction. Soon, I realized that we were heading to Phillips Arena so I knew it was something BIG. Charlie joked around and said we were going to a
Dave Ramsey conference. That would be right up Charlie's alley so to speak! As we got closer, I overheard an announcer mention how to win tickets to be onstage with
Bon Jovi! Charlie was so excited that his plan fell right into place! What a sweet husband I have!
Chris Daughtry was the headliner, so we were in for a great show! Once we entered
Philips Arena Charlie proceeded to tell me that he didn't know if the view from our seats would be all that great. At that point, I was just ecstatic to be there! We stopped to make a purchase for Mag's and then headed to our seats. We entered at the opposite end of the stage which made me think we would be towards the back. Not the worst seats, but not the best. Charlie was in front of me leading the way. We kept walking and walking, all the way up to the 5Th row!!!!! He looked at me and said "here are our seats"! I couldn't believe it! Needless to say, we had an unimaginable time! I even let out one of those crazy fan screams when Jon Bon Jovi came on stage! Check out the pictures and you will understand why!
To my husband, thank you for such an unbelievable surprise! You have surprised me many times in the past with our trip to Cancun, my beautiful ring and now Bon Jovi! Thank you so much, we needed some time away! I love you always.
Enjoy the pictures!





1 comment:
mqI'm so JEALOUS!!! I can't believe you went to the fabric stores without me! No really I'm talking about Bon Jovi! Oh LA LA, I LOVE BON JOVI. Wished I could have been there. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment