Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Three C's


We were able to spend the entire day with Connie, Campbell and Caroline at their beautiful home on the lake on Monday. The girls were more than excited to see "Maggie-Moo"! After installing a few more window treatments for the Sandlin's, we packed lunches, slathered on the sunscreen and headed for the water. We had a fabulous time spending the day together and watching our girls play. I am amazed at the beauty that God created-the sounds and sights of the lake are so relaxing.


Caroline and Campbell conquer the knee board!

Connie coaching Maggie on how to ride the knee board

2 comments:

Connie said...

We wouldn't have it any other way. We love to see you come and are sad to see you go. Come and hang out with us anytime. Have a great beach vacation and we will get together when you get back. We love you more than you can imagine.
Connie, Campbell & Caroline!

Southerner said...

Found your blog from Connie who left a comment on my blog today. I live in Madison, outside of Huntsville. I have to go to this fabric store in Atlanta!

I saw your post about the cabin at the Gulf. I grew up in Mobile so spent many days at the Gulf and Dauphin Island. It really was different times back then. I was 11 during Fredrick. My mom, brother, and I were in the hall of the house. We had 8 trees on the house and 3 that were coming through where we could see the branches from the inside. One came through my brother's window and way lying on his bed. So, the winds were causing the walls to sway and with so many trees snapping it was really scary. My mom was praying about how we didn't have the money for repairs and how in the world we would get someone to get the tree out of his room. We went in during the eye of the storm and got out his valuable posessions(stereo) and when we opened the door after the rest of the storm the tree was gone! It was a huge pine tree!