Thursday, June 5, 2008

More Fabric!



I have two projects that I am working on right now. The first is window treatments for a beautiful master bedroom. My client's bay window overlooks a gorgeous golf course. She wanted privacy but not at the cost of covering the windows with shutters or blinds and completely blocking the view. The solution was either functional panels or roman shades for the windows, she chose panels. She also has two windows that flank her bed on the wall to the right of the bay window. The fabric she chose is a rich brown damask style. It is a heavy fabric so I recommended using a nice chunky rod and rings to balance the window treatments out. Choosing the right hardware is just as important as picking the right fabric for a room. When choosing hardware, always make sure your hardware compliments the window treatment.


My second project is bedding for a master bedroom. I love putting together fabrics for bedding. I love the custom look you can achieve by mixing fabrics together on bedding. If you cannot afford to splurge on fabric for all the bedding, you can add to what you have. Customize a Bed in a Bag ensemble by having a custom bed skirt, throw pillows, or euro shams to make it your own. You can also add custom window treatments to tie it all together. Back to the project-the fabrics you see below are a sampling of what my client picked out. I will be making a gathered bed skirt and (2) euro shams out of the solid chocolate brown, a king size coverlet out of the chocolate swirl and caramel fabric and an additional euro sham out of the turquoise blue fabric. I will make custom throw pillows from a combination of the remaining fabrics. Window treatments will come later!
I will post pictures of the projects one day next week!



No comments: