Early on in our marriage, we knew that it may not be possible to conceive a child, but we did not lose faith in what our Lord could do. Dr. Perry sat down with us and told us the facts as well as telling us not to get our hopes up this early in the process. He monitored us for several months and decided to start me on an infertility drug, not expecting it to work. Well, guess what? It did! That is why I always say that Maggie is a true miracle-she was not "expected" to be conceived, but she was. God's perfect timing. During my pregnancy, Dr. Perry retired from Obstetrics but continued practicing Gynecology. My heart was broken because I wanted him to deliver our baby. AGAIN, God had a plan! "Baby Jones" decided to make an entrance to this world two weeks early. We made our way to the hospital, not quick enough according to some, and began the process of labor. After 15 LONG hours (and many trips to the snack machine by my Daddy and John Shaw) a decision was made to do a C-section. I knew then, that I wanted my Dr. Perry to assist! My sweet friend and coworker, D.J. made the call to Dr. Perry and he dropped what he was doing and was there within minutes! He and Dr. Cressman brought our little girl into this world safely after a grueling labor. I am forever thankful to Dr. Perry for helping us achieve our dream of being parents. After attempting another pregnancy, through surgery and infertility treatments, we surrendered to God's plan of us being a family of three. We know that our path crossed with Dr. Perry's for many reasons.
A few months ago, Dr. Perry was diagnosed with a menacing type of lung cancer. After much prayer, he and Suzanne (his wife) decided that he would undergo chemotherapy. After two rounds the scan showed no improvement. He asked to be discharged from the hospital and go home with hospice care. He has continued to share Christ even through this battle with cancer without wavering. He has been home almost a week and is spending his time with family and enjoying the simple things in life. I am sharing his story with you so that you may been encouraged and challenged as I have been in my walk with Christ. You can visit his site at http://www.caringbridge.org/ and type in paulperry to read his updates. Be sure to click on "links" at the top of the page to view the video he made in the hospital. Be prepared, it will touch your heart. 

No comments:
Post a Comment