Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Budding Talent


I know I am her mother, but I see so many talents in my daughter. She is far more confident than I was at her age. She has been involved with the Saint Clair County 4H program since 3rd grade. This program is strictly volunteer and allows the kids to show their creative side through art, photography, sewing, etc.. In my opinion, Art and Music are great subjects that are left out of most of our schools. Maggie has turned in three projects this year. Her first project was a cookie contest. She had to find a recipe and make it her self. She chose Candy Cane Cookies and won First Place. Her second project was to make a pillow, either hand sewn or machine sewn. She chose to machine sew a pillow using fabrics that were left over from her bedroom. It turned out really cute and she came in second place! The second project was all about photography. One night, while at the beach, we were all watching a storm pass over the water and Maggie ran inside, grabbed her camera and started snapping pictures. Her timing couldn't have been more perfect! She captured an unbelievable picture of lightning. This photo won 1st place! I am always proud of her. How blessed I am to call her my daughter. She is a true miracle and I give God all the glory for her. I cannot wait to see how He uses her!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Sister,

No more telling me you can't write. This is great!! And what a girl our Maggie is, smart, beautiful, and talented . I am proud of you Piggle!

Love you,
cindy

Hunny said...

How fun -- now I really can keep up with you! Well, I truly believe that you have a child prodigy in your family! Maggie is amazing -- beautiful and gifted! You & Charlie should be proud!!!
I look forward to visiting your Blog often!
Your old friend,
Brenda

Kristin said...

She's talented and beautiful like her mother!!! Love your blog! I am like Cindy no more telling us you can't write.

mandi said...

"Maggie Rocks, Maggie Rocks, Maggie Rocks".... chanted repeatedly by her cousins as they march through the kitchen after I read this post to them.
I have to agree, the girl does rock!