Those are the words of my sweet husband! Thanks to a friend of his from work, he has been bitten by the tomato bug! Last Sunday, after church, Charlie and Maggie headed off to Home Depot to purchase a tomato plant so that we could enjoy fresh, homegrown tomatoes this summer. Now, those of you who know Charlie well remember that he never liked tomatoes as a child or as an adult. But after experiencing an ample supply of tomatoes from his friend John last summer(thank you John Smith), he has been converted to a tomato lover! He came back from Home Depot with FIVE plants! We will have enough tomatoes to feed the neighborhood. Each and every morning he goes out to check on his little plants and reports back to Maggie and me that all is well and they are looking good! He is so excited! I just hope the little critters of the forest don't decide to have a midnight snack once the tomatoes appear!
2 comments:
I would love to come and take a bite of some of your tomatoes Charlie. But you see, I don't enjoy tomatoes either. Good work on the post YaYa. Tell Charlie and Mags that we said "Hello!"
Love Ya!
Connie
I have to agree with Charlie! I never liked tomatoes until I had my Mom's homegrown tomatoes. Something about a tomatoes from the yard!! So what kind did he plant? Hope to be able to have a good ole' tomatoe and mayo sandwich soon!! Love you guys and love the blog!!
Post a Comment