Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Love Summer


We returned from the beach with my family about a week ago and it was glorious! I love waking up to God's beautiful creation, spending quality time with my family and getting away from the every day routine of life. My parents treated us to staying at the Mediterra again. Once you've stayed there it is hard to go anywhere else! It is a great place to go if you have a large family, if you are going with couples or other families. No fighting for a spot on the beach or at the pool! Things were a little different this year because my nephew, Jake, couldn't come. His usual routine at the beach is get up, eat a little something (or a lot if my Mother cooks), slater up with sunscreen and head to the beach to read under the umbrella all day! He is much like his Mother and Poppa in that aspect! I did not get the "reading" gene-would have been nice, but I didn't! Molly's boyfriend, Craig, was a regular on the trip because he is from the area. We enjoyed getting to know him better and seeing how their relationship works. He, Molly and Maggie were pretty much glued at the hip! Most of our time was spent on the beach, whether it be sunning, walking or searching for seashells. We had a lot of shoreline talks, umbrella naps, and many moments of laughter. Oh, and did I mention that I was labeled the "Jellyfish Hunter"? I think I caught up to 20 a day! Yucky! I did learn that you can pick up a Jellyfish and it will not sting you on the palms of your hands. Did I try it? NO, but several people around us did. I also became obsessed with finding sand dollars. I have memories of my Grandmother taking me on early walks at the beach looking for seashells and sand dollars and, of course, my Moma loves looking for them. They will be visiting Sanabell Island soon where seashells are plentiful. One day, I started looking for sand dollars and time got away from me. No one knew where I had gone, the family was a little worried! Oops! It was there that I marveled at the tiniest sand dollar and seashell! God's workmanship. He is amazing! I am convinced that I could easily live there! My Daddy spends most of his day under the umbrella reading and he enjoys walking with Moma on the beach. Especially now since she can walk for miles! I have never seen anyone who enjoys the ocean like my brother in law, Randy. He walks up the beach with his inner tube, against the wind so that when he gets in the water, the wind will push him back the the area we are sitting. Once in the water, he floats around, usually looking out into the vast ocean. He does this ritual at least 3 times day! You can see pure enjoyment on his face! The beach means so many different things to people, but I know that you are not alive if you can't see God's glory there!











No comments: