Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Jones Family Vacation


It just so happened that the Jones family reunion was in Fairhope this year, conveniently located about 45 minutes to an hour from the beach! So, all 14 of us loaded up and headed south (to my favorite place on earth, well... make that one of two of my favorite places on earth-Disney World being the other!) Our first stop was the family reunion at First Baptist Fairhope. We got to see family that we truly miss and I learned something new about Charlie's Grandaddy, he accepted Christ while serving in the U.S. Army at Iwa Jima. Charlie was around Maggie's age when he passed away. I would have loved to have met him. I imagine him to be a lot like his son, my father in law, very wise, loving, loyal and above all a servant and seeker of God.

After the reunion, we headed on to the Medeterra condominiums in Perdido Key. It is located on the east side of the well known FloraBama. It is a beautiful complex and we are so thankful that Grammie and Gramps treated us to a wonderful vacation. Charlie has 2 siblings, Mandi, who is married to George and Andy, who is married to Leah. We have 6 kids between the three families. As you know, we have 1, Mandi has 2 and Andy as 3. Our trip consisted of a lot of sun, swimming, eating, napping, dancing, golfing, Wii-ing, laughing and more laughing-mostly at George! What did we do without him? On our last night, Margaret came and took pictures of us on the beach, what was she thinking? We love Margaret and she loves us, no doubt!

I was reminded of several things on our family vacation: 1) How truly blessed the Jones' (and Logan's) are 2) how much I love the family I am married to 3) How much fun it is to be all together.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pictures! I just told Mandi yesterday that there had to be some awesome photos from the trip. You guys have a beautiful family!!

Connie said...

Oh how I wish we could have been there too. Your family looks so fun. We hope you guys have a great trip (again) to the beach. Maybe we'll get there sometime this year.
~ Connie